I am always looking for ways to use my Accuquilt GO, and thought I’d found the perfect quilt. I love the way it looks. But beware, there are bias edges ahead. Of course, I thought I could find a way around that and could make a better mousetrap–quilt that is. So, I sewed strips together and stitched around the outside edges and cut through the middle, I stitched through the middle and cut through the middle. Alas, those bias edges never went away. I can do this, but am not willing to tell the inexperienced that this is a great quilt to make. I would recommend this only for the experienced quilter who is not afraid of bias edges. As a longarm quilter, the last thing I want are D cups on my quilt frame. Anyway, here’s the link: Hidden Wells – and good luck! This is an absolutely gorgeous quilt finished.
The primary reason I was not excited about the instructions in the link is that the seams did not alternate without a lot of fussing. I always want a system for pressing so that the seams in a quilt alternate and there are no lumpy bulges anywhere. This is one that I would put on my design board with the wrong side facing me, just so I could see the seams and make sure they were going to all go in the right direction before sewing the blocks together.
Oh well, I spent quite a few days thinking about this and made four sets of sample blocks. Two sets were perfectly flat, two sets were D cups–bummer. In the meantime, I finished quilting one and stitched together a baby quilt. I’ll have pictures up tomorrow for you, and a more positive message.
My EQ7 upgrade is going to be delivered today. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Come again soon.