We have two new grandbabies as of 4:30 today. Meet Nate and Wyatt:
We’re back from Phoenix, but wanted to recap the past couple of months, as life has been a rollercoaster. After deciding that Ezri had to have surgery in late July-early August, I knew there were three baby quilts to be made: one for my nephew’s daughter due November 15, and two for my daughter’s twins due mid-November. I also decided to make one for Ezri to take with us on the trip. Here’s a recap of these quilts.
The first quilt was designed in EQ6. It took some puttering with the design until I got what I wanted. I used Makower teddy bear prints and batiks. The batiks were Maverick Star blocks from Quiltville.com and the teddy bear blocks were courthouse steps. I used a border print for the border. The quilting was a feather meander in the outer triangles and a star meander in the center blocks. I used piano keys on the border, as I did not want to detract from the print. The framing strips on the maverick star blocks were not the same width as the courthouse steps blocks–miscalculation/measurement on my part b/c I was using blocks that had already been made. It is still a nice quilt.
The next two quilts I made were for Emily’s twins, Nate and Wyatt. She used Dwell Studios designs for the nursery–the transportation and zoo themes. The quilts are blocks of color with white sashing. They are quilted with one of my designs: Spiral Stars. The digital design can be purchased from Intelligent Quilting.com.
Here are the quilts with the Dwell Studio linens:
The last quilt I made before leaving was one for Ezri to have for the trip to Phoenix. I used the Strip Twist pattern from Quiltville.com. I used the Moda Butterfly Fling jelly roll precut strips to make piecing quicker. I quilted the blocks with free-style square feathers and meandering butterflies in the border. Here are some photos.