I love the New Year – it’s wonderful to feel that opportunity for a fresh beginning. SewCalGal wrote about her UFO’s and linked to year long UFO project proposed by Judy Laquidara over at Patchwork Times. It was not hard for me to find 12 projects to list. Many of them are quilt tops that are finished, but just need to be quilted. What makes it doubly hard for me is that I not only have my own UFOs, but I also have my Mom’s UFOs that were shelved when she had her stroke three years ago. She wants them finished, and I have been trying to help. So, here’s my list of UFOs, some of which are my Mom’s:
1. I made a quilt like this which won a ribbon in the 2007 guild show. I gave that quilt to my Mom, so wanted to make one for myself. The blocks are finished, but the quilt still needs to be assembled.
2. This quilt needs to be quilted. I know how I want to quilt it, but never load it because I know it will take at least two weeks to complete the quilting.
3. This is another quilting project. I want to do custom on this and the outlining and background fills will take a lot of time.
4. This project and number 5 are quilts for my grandsons. These too, are completed tops that needs to be quilted. Again, I want to do custom quilting on them so have not carved out enough time on the frame for each of them.
5. Batik Stars 2
6. Christmas Tree Skirt
Started this a couple of weeks ago and finished the embroidery, but not the quilting.
7. Half Fast Log Cabin – these blocks were originally a Greek key and were split with this beautiful batik. It still needs borders and quilting.
8. These squares are left over fabric from two other quilts. I thought this would make a beautiful attic windows quilt.
9. This is a BOM that mother started before she had her stroke in 2007. It needs sashing, borders, and quilting.
10. This is another of Mother’s projects with the blocks completed before she had her stroke.
11. Krazy Kats wall hanging.
12. Alphabet panel for baby quilt. I had completed shadow trapunto on the first two letters, but am not sure I will keep it. I am thinking I will take the shadow trapunto basting out and start over.