Here’s a project I started after the studio makeover. After the makeover, with everything in it’s place, I re-discovered a whole box of strips that had been cut and were waiting to be used.
I added some other strips of varying widths and started stitching. I have done two-three blocks a day and they quickly multiply. Each square of strips makes two complete blocks when the plain square is added and they are cut.
I used a 10 1/2 inch paper base (sandwich wrappers that I got at Sam’s Club). I started in the middle and used the sew and flip method until the paper was covered.
Then I added a plain 10 inch square to the top and stitched diagonally across 1/4 inch from the center diagonal. The block is cut on the center diagonal.
Personally, I think I would like this better if I had sewed the strips parallel to the center diagonal, but it was too late when I decided to do that. Now, we’ll just have to wait until I feel another strip frenzy coming on.