Just wanted to let everyone know that this challenge has been extended. Whew!! I have been working as hard as I could to finish 30 blocks to send. They are done – but now with the deadline extension, I can put them together into a quilt top. Here’s the original post regarding the Challenge and the prizes to be awarded.
As a part of the challenge, I digitized the Accuquilt Star die so that I could make applique stars on each block. I also added the stars to mymachine embroidery store so that others can enjoy them too. Here are some pictures of the embroidery. I love the blocks – I used an ivory Kona cotton which is almost a light tan and the navy blue and red look great on that background. It doesn’t show up in the pictures, but trust me, it’s really pretty. Maybe when I get the top together and take a photo, you can see it better. Here’s a preview: