After taking a few days off, yesterday has my quilting life back on track and moving again. Maybe it was going non-stop from April through June that slowed me down in July. Thus, when the opportunity for a beach trip came along, I took advantage. It was a fun trip with family including the grandchildren.
In June, I had so much fun making flowers out of circles that circle flower ideas have been floating around in my head. I have seen a couple of quilts with circles and other shapes on straight lines that look like ribbons running through the quilt. So, with a play on that idea, I used the narrow part of the Accuquilt GO! RickRack die to make strips to go across a 40 x 60″ piece of fabric. And I’m doing MEA (machine embroidery applique) circle flowers randomly along the rickrack. Not sure how this will turn out. It almost seems the flowers are a little small, or I didn’t stitch the rickrack close enough together, but since it’s random, I’ll see how this turns out. Please–suggestions are welcome.
Here’s progress so far:
This is the 40 x 60″ fabric with rickrack attached.
And here it is with one flower complete. That’s at an angle looking down – I’ll try to get a better photo tomorrow. I’m working on a t-shirt quilt, so can let the embroidery machine stitch while I work on the t-shirt quilt.