Here’s a quick and fun pinwheel block made using the Accuquilt GO! cutter. This makes an 8 inch finished block.
You can download an instruction sheet here.
2 ½ inch strip die
3 ½ inch strip die
Step 1: Prepare strips and stitch pinwheels
• Cut light and dark strips using the Accuquilt Go 2 ½” strip die
• Cut light and dark strips again by laying cross-wise on the 3 ½” strip die
• Lay 2 ½” x 3 ½” pieces at right angles and stitch diagonally as shown in the diagram. Trim to ¼” along the seam line.
Note: To make sure all the pinwheels spin in the same direction, always sew the light and dark in the same direction for every piece.
Step 2: Make background pieces and stitch
• Cut light background strips using the Accuquilt Go 2 ½ inch strip die.
• Cut these strips into 4 ½” bricks using the 4 ½” square on the Value die.
• Stitch pieced strip to background strip on the long edge (see diagram) and press to the dark.
Step 3: Make blocks
• Arrange with pinwheels in the center (see diagram).
• Stitch blocks together as you would a four-patch.