The weekend was nice. I got a few things done. My dental saga is still ongoing. On the weekend I developed an infection from the surgery a week and a half ago and have been in a fair amount of pain, but that will be treated with a visit to the surgeon today. And extra strength Tylenol is a wonderful thing. In the meantime, this is a nine patch quilt that I finished quilting on Thursday and binding yesterday. It can be called a Single Irish Chain although sometimes a Single Irish Chain also has sashing between the blocks. Do a Google search for Single Irish Chain and you will see a lot of beautiful quilts. One of the nice things about this quilt is that often you will see a block of interest – either pieced, solid, or embroidered on the plain block that alternates between the nine patch blocks.
I wrote some instructions for the way that I make nine patch blocks. I cut the fabric into 2-1/2″ x 8″ strips with the 2-1/2″ strip die, sew them together, and then subcut them using the 2-1/2″ strip die. It makes quick work of nine patch blocks. Here is a link to the instructions I wrote.