I did a little more experimentation, although all of this seems to be done on the fly and in stolen minutes. I have spent so much time with Katherine and the girls the last few weeks and especially this past week. Ezri continues to have periods of being very uncomfortable, due to what we believe are seizure like episodes occurring deep in her brain. We should be getting results of the video EEG soon, and she will get another MRI. The MRI done May 14 at Duke, did not have magnifications of the tumor area as requested by her neurosurgeon. Will keep you posted.
So, photos below show the results of my Delirious experiments. The first photo shows the Paintstik version. I like the color definition and how clear it is. I don’t like that it doesn’t ‘sparkle’. The second photo shows three different stitches: applique, zigzag, and straight stitch. I like the straight stitch best. The thread on the straight stitch is Aurifil rather than Sulky rayon. I like it. The third photo shows free-motion embroidery using Sulky rayon. I like it too–although my technique needs practice.
Based on all of this, what I want to do is to use straight stitch and free motion embroidery – this will result in a bit of a frayed edge – see Janet’s comment on the previous post. A combination of fabric and Paintstiks will give different textures, along with using different threads. Rayon thread on Paintstiks may add just the right amount of sparkle. I may have fallen in love with free motion embroidery – something I’ve thought about for years, but never had quite the right inspiration.
The other thing I want to do is to cut the center rings out, after fusing or painting, and applique them onto another block of a different color. That will make the whole design a little more interesting I think.
Here are the photos – and say a prayer for our little girl.
[book id=’18’ /]